Tuesday 19 December 2006

Free pocket guides

It seems that a good place to start is something my work is offering, but of course the suggestions aren't just going to revolve around my work!
Just knowing about issues empowers us and being aware of things is really valuable so, why not send off for one of the following pocket guides free of charge?:

Pocket Guide to Poverty
Pocket Guide to HIV & AIDS
Pocket Guide to Trade
Pocket Guide to the Environment
Pocket Guide to Aid.

And if you want the whole set you can get it for a £5 donation with badges and a poster included.
Get them by emailing annajoy.alves@worldvision.org.uk or phone 01908 841010

2 comments:

Isabel said...

Great idea Anna, I like it a lot! Your new work sounds really interesting. I've just been looking at the website for World Vision https://www.worldvision.org.uk/ which gives quite a bit of info about different issues, and World Vision's involvement.

Isabel said...

OK, I've got a question I've been thinking about for a while, which I'd love to hear some opinions on...

How would you compare going to visit, or live in a developing country for a while, with staying in Britain and earning money to donate to good projects abroad?

I know it's quite a broad question, with lots of pros and cons, and it also depends on the skills you'd be able to offer, and exactly what you're aiming to achieve...